COVID-19 Travel Information
ACLC 2022 will be hosted as an in-person meeting in Nara, Japan at the Nara Prefectural Convention Center. For a safe and smooth visit to Nara, please ensure you meet the minimum requirements to enter Japan and attend an event in Nara.
New Entry of Foreign Nationals [Updated on October 14, 2022]
[IMPORTANT] Required Documents for Entering Japan
- Delegates traveling to ACLC from outside Japan will be required to provide either a valid COVID-19 vaccination certificate (3 doses) or a certificate of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours prior to departing from their original country/region.
- Pre-registration for MySOS Web or MySOS App is required to enter Japan.
- This will remain unchanged after October 11 and is recommended to simplify quarantine at entry.
- A vaccination certificate or a negative COVID-19 test result must be uploaded to MySOS.
- If you are not using MySOS, the certificate must be submitted with other documents at the time of quarantine upon entry into Japan.
- Travellers are strongly encouraged to use Fast Track to simplify Japan entry procedures. (https://www.hco.mhlw.go.jp/en/#news)
For more details, please visit:
Requirements for Certificate of Testing for Entering Japan – https://www.mhlw.go.jp/content/000825144.pdf
Valid Vaccination Certificate – https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/covid-19/border_vaccine.html
Pre-departure Test – https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/covid-19/border_test.html
Questionnaire for quarantine – https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/covid-19/border_questionnaire.html
Changes to Entry Regulations (Updated on September 28, 2022)
The Japanese government recently announced changes to its entry regulations. Starting October 11, border measures in Japan will be eased as follows.
(1) Restriction on new entries of foreigners [NEW]
Foreigners will no longer be required to submit applications through Entrants, Returnees Follow-up System (ERFS).
(2) Visa waiver measures [NEW]
Visa waiver measures will be re-introduced. Click here for more information.
(3) Quarantine, vaccination and testing [NEW]
On-arrival COVID tests, self-quarantine, and refraining from the use of public transportation are no longer required.
All returnees and new entrants will now be required to provide either a valid COVID-19 vaccination certificate (3 doses) of vaccines on the Emergency Use List of the World Health Organization (WHO) or a certificate of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours prior to departing from the original country/region.
(4) Limitation of total number of foreigners entering Japan [NEW]
Limitation of total number of foreigners entering Japan, which is currently 50,000, will be lifted.
(5) Reopening airports and seaports to international flights and ships [NEW]
Airports and seaports which currently do not accept international flights and ships will be gradually reopened to international flights and ships.
For more information, please visit “Measures for Resuming Cross-Border Travel”.